Get the competitive edge.
The Briefcase Coach offers professional resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, networking training and practice interview career consulting services. Founded by former corporate recruiter and branding consultant, Sarah Johnston, we assist a wide-range of clients from entry level new graduates, mid-level career changers and experienced executives.
We know that effective resumes rely on a combination of excellent content and impactful design, all of which are provided as part of the package. The process is straight-forward and simple, designed to remove the stress and enable you to focus on what really matters: getting noticed, and getting hired.
The Briefcase Coach welcomes clients of all industries, levels, and geographies. Located in Columbus, OH we have worked with professionals nationwide across healthcare, marketing, insurance, non-profit, sales, higher education, retail, operations, construction management, finance, consulting, and a number of other fields and niche specialties.
Ready to move forward? Contact us to set up an appointment.
Located in Columbus, OH
Happy clients across the USA
Our Core Services
A resume is the first thing a potential employers sees and your most important marketing tool. We ensure that your resume is a strategic marketing document that commands your value and expertise. We create traditional resumes that stand out in the stack by focusing on quality content and attractive formatting.
Follow up Communication
We believe in the power of a well written thank you note. Or a timely check in e-mail. Notes have the ability to reinforce why you are the right choice. We can help you craft the perfect e-mail or handwritten note.
Linkedin Profile develoPment
We create or update your profile for you, ensuring complete alignment with the messages sent on your resume while also customizing settings to optimize your ability to benchmark your candidacy and search confidentially.
We offer individualized, personal interview coaching and training services. Sarah LOVES getting one-on-one in person or via Skype with clients for mock interviews. She will not only help you refine your responses but help you with delivery and give you the confidence you need in the actual interview.
Career search strategy
Using Linkedin and other non-traditional job search strategies, we will teach you how to generate leads and search in the most suitable job sites for your profession. Our approach is aggressive, hands on and out-of-the-box. Our strength is adding energy when the search feels stale.
Why the Briefcase Coach?
When you hire The Briefcase Coach, you hire me. Not an intern.
- I am one of the few job search coaches who has actually been a recruiter. I've interviewed hundreds of job seekers and know what companies are looking for in a candidate.
- I don’t use a virtual assistant. I answer my own phone. So you will not get brushed off by a gatekeeper.
- I work directly with you. Your project won’t go into a queue for the next available writer (for whom English might be a second language).
- My clients know that they have access to me--and I truly want to hear from them! Even when I’m on vacation or otherwise absent from the office, I frequently check emails and phone calls so I can respond to your needs quickly.
- My goal is to always make sure my clients are being portrayed in the best possible way. If I am not the best person for the job and another coaching specialist would be a better fit-- I will quickly let you know and will offer highly qualified referrals.
- I care. I genuinely want you to thrive in a job you are passionate about. I want to know about your "wins". I believe in you and I am rooting for you.